If you have a portable ice maker, it’s important to clean it regularly with vinegar to prevent the build-up of bacteria and mould. Vinegar is one of the best natural disinfectants and will assist in keeping your ice maker clean and safe to use. To clean your portable ice maker, simply add a cup of vinegar to the water reservoir and run the ice maker until it’s empty. Then, rinse the ice maker thoroughly with clean water to remove any vinegar residue.
Steps to clean your portable ice maker:
To clean your portable ice maker, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the ice maker from the power source.
2. Remove any ice cubes from the ice bin.
3. Fill the spray bottle with a solution of one part water and one part white vinegar and spray inside the ice maker.
4. Use a cloth to clean the inside or a brush.
5. Empty the ice bin and rinse it with clean water.
6. Clean the outside of the ice maker with a clean, damp cloth.
7. Plug it back in and resume normal use.
We recommend using 9 Elements Cleaner, Vinegar Spray
How often you should clean your portable ice maker?
You should clean your portable ice maker with vinegar at least once a month. If you use it more frequently, you may want to clean it more often.
Wondering why you should clean your ice maker? Here is why
1) Ice makers are susceptible to bacteria build-up.
Just like any other appliance that uses water, portable ice makers can become a breeding ground for bacteria if they’re not cleaned on a regular basis. This is especially true if the water you’re using to fill the ice maker is not clean, to begin with.
2) Dirty ice makers can produce bad-tasting ice.
If your ice maker is full of bacteria, that bacteria is going to end up in your ice cubes. And that’s going to make them taste bad. No one wants to drink a bacteria-ridden ice cube!
3) You’ll extend the life of your ice maker.
Regular cleaning and maintenance will help to extend the life of your ice maker. After all, it’s a lot cheaper to clean an ice maker than it is to replace one.
So, there you have it. Three good reasons to make sure you clean your portable ice maker on a regular basis. Don’t let your ice maker become a breeding ground for bacteria. Keep it clean and enjoy cold, delicious drinks all summer long!